Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Lighting while Hiking 18 Mile Creek Park



While hiking Eighteen Mile Creek Park as mentioned in my last post, I took quite a few photographs of interesting views, tree, and fungi. Hiking with a photographer or botanist frustrates most normal people. Both tend to get behind or disappear because they found something interesting to photograph as in the case of the photographer or identify as in the case of the botanist. Any hike in a wooded area supplies an enormous number of distractions to both. I paused to photograph this fungus on our hike into the park, and passed it again on the way out and stopped again to photograph it. The change in lighting produced a far better photograph in my view. Click on this to see the first two photographs.

Original taken early in the hike. The light was OK but no drama

Original taken later in the hike. I like the shadows, and cropped this original to make the first photography

No comments:

Post a Comment