Thursday, March 16, 2017

New Port Richey Rocks




On a recent hike at Brooker Creek Preserve, one of the hikers noticed a decorated rock and picked it up. As we continued to walk, they showed it around and another hiker mentioned that a Facebook page existed about the rocks, called New Port Richey Rocks!


We found a few more, and I photographed them before other members of the group retrieved them to put in another place. Once home, I went to Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/329408174097699/?ref=group_cover.

I discovered that artists of all kinds created these rocks and put them around the area. The sole purpose: Create happiness and bring together New Port Richey. In the weeks since this hike, I found other groups doing the same thing: different towns and cities, a local hospice, and others.


I love the idea, a simple and inexpensive way for people of all ages to exercise their creativity, and a fun way to explore and hike to find them. I smiled, as did everyone on the hike. It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment