Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Anhinga at Silver Springs State Park





On a recent visit to Silver Springs State Park we walked along the pathways, just enjoying the day. The temperatures on January 8 rose to seasonable norms in after a week of cold weather. The sun and warm air encouraged us to wander, no goal in mind except enjoying the feeling, and with only one camera tucked away in my bag.

I looked down into the crystal clear water expecting to see fish, and saw another movement. It took me a moment to clear my head and realize that an anhinga swam just underwater. I nudged Karl to look, and took out the camera just in time for one below water shot, and the surfacing.


Would it have been better had I been prepared with the polarizing filter? It would have been a different shot. I like these, especially the gray and black as the anhinga bursts out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment