Friday, July 29, 2016

Still Life of Fruitbowl - Ireland 1987

Fruitbowl on the Dining Room Table
 
This still life of a wooden bowl filled with fruit concludes, for now at least, the retrospective of our work done in and from Ireland in the 1980s. I spent a few hours trying various shots and settings in our dining room. I remember the day clearly. At the time I wondered if I would ever really be a photographer and use the skills I was working so hard to develop. I almost felt guilty about taking all the time I did with this one shot. Now, I would lessen the very dark shadows and show more texture to the right of the bowl rather than the bowl edge and shadow merging into one dark shape. Then, I preferred the darker shadow, and this shot of the many I took is the only one I kept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment