Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Looking Out a Window: Reflections



Looking Out a Window is the theme of one of my personal photography projects which I post here occasionally. This photograph captures a different mood than others I shot.


In this case, the reflection of the lamp and bird ornament pre-empted the outdoor scene. As I moved to take the photo, I saw the foliage from a palmetto leaf in the porch area outside the window frame the bird ornament. I admired the lamps and ornaments earlier, never thinking that the change from day to night would change my perception of them so completely.

One tip on taking photographs of this type: Look carefully at the entire scene and everything in the frame. As I shot the first time, a couple wearing black and white plaid jackets had descended the stairs behind me and stopped at the bottom of the stairs. As I prepared my second shot, I clearly saw a blurry plaid white and black reflection in the bottom right of my frame. I wandered around a bit until they moved off, then did the shot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment