Tuesday, November 7, 2017

More Florida Wildflowers



I came upon some of the later blooming members of the autumn wildflowers during quiet walk along the boardwalk before 8 a.m. I accidently walked through several of the webs the local orb weaver spiders created during the night, perhaps forgetting that people will return come daybreak. I concentrated on one or two still beautifully blooming, ignoring those clearly past their prime. The light on this Cardinal Flower, alone in the middle of a small wetland, became the only shot I really liked.


Later, sitting at our campsite enjoying a cup of tea and book under the awning, movement caught my eye. The patch of Spanish Needle, a native wildflower that most consider a noxious weed due to the needles produced to carry the seeds to other locations, attracted a couple of Long Tailed skippers. The iridescent blue-green coloring flashing in the light caught my eye. Their natural quick flight meant a lot of shots before I got one in the focus I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment