Thursday, June 22, 2017

Looking Out the Window: Trees and branches

Looking Out The Window: Trees and branches in the sun
Sitting in a restaurant with Karl, chatting and waiting for our meal, I glanced toward the window and around the room briefly. Something about the scene outside the window intrigued me, and I looked over several more times. Karl finally turned and looked, wondering what I saw.

I couldn't explain it, but I liked the view. My personal project, the "Looking Out the Window" series, goes in fits and starts as most personal projects. As if reading my mind, Karl suggested if I wanted a shot I better take it. We entered the restaurant early, and the lunch crowd started to come in. Any moment, those empty chairs might fill. I took a few shots, put the camera away, and as always thought maybe one more from a different angle. Too late, both tables had diners sitting down.

I chose the best of the series. I liked it, but did it convey my theme of the difference of the worlds from the comfort of inside a window to the reality of outside. Finally, I realized it did.


No comments:

Post a Comment